The Amerihome HS07587 Stove Top Kettle Smoker is the perfect unit for those who love to cook smoky-flavored food outdoors like meat, seafood, and vegetables. It can handle a maximum of 5 pounds of food at the same time, thus it’s perfect for an entire family. It features a non-stick roasting pan, an enamel-coated roaster, and a meat thermometer. Moreover, it can be used on gas, electric, or glass-top stoves.
- Cooks and smokes a maximum of 5 pounds of food at the same time
- Smoke vent and thermometer that can be both easily adjusted
- Can be used on gas, electric, or glass-top stoves
- Can use wood chips to add a tasty, smoky flavor on food
A Detailed Description of the Amerihome HS07587 Stove Top Kettle Smoker
Design and Durability (4.5/5.0)
The Amerihome Stove Top Kettle Smoker appears to be well-made and it seems durable. It’s small which makes it very easy to move around the house. The bottom of the unit is not flat, but so far it works well in terms of heating and cooking food. It doesn’t seem to seal perfectly, thus you’ll certainly notice smoke in the house that’s similar to what comes from making bread. Meanwhile, I’ve noticed that the rack is quite difficult to remove. I’m not sure if Amerihome just missed some parts, but a small lifting handle would have been great.
Ease of Use (4.5/5.0)
If you’re an experienced cook, then this smoker should be very simple to use and very easy to cleanup. It’s just small, thus there are just a few parts that you’d need to take care of. It doesn’t come along with a recipe book, thus you might want to purchase a companion book that offers recipes for smoking various foods. One good feature of this smoker is its flexibility in terms of usage. It can be used either on a gas, electric, or glass-top stoves and the results are just similar. What may really be challenging is the addition of wood chips to create a smoky flavor on food. If you’re a beginner, then this is the best way to master the tricks involved in making tasty barbecues.
This smoker is not at par with other outdoor smokers in terms of slow smoking barbecue. However, it still does a good job of producing tasty and smoky-flavored food. There are just a few things though that users, most especially beginners, would need to know. Once the wood chips turn black, it would be best to replace them with new ones as they can give food a burnt flavor. Also, it’s important to avoid oiling wood to prevent starting a fire. It may take a few trials and errors at first. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll find out how easy and simple it is to cook quality food using this smoker.
- Efficient in terms of cooking and smoking food at the same time
- Easy to use and cleanup
- Very portable
- Well-designed, seems durable
- Flexible, can be used on gas, electric, or on glass-top stoves
- Can hold a maximum of 5 pounds of food
- Price is very affordable
- Design needs some minor adjustments
- Does not come along with a recipe book
The Amerihome Stove Top Kettle Smoker is a very cost-efficient unit that’s perfect for those who are still learning the basics of smoking. It’s very easy to use and cleanup, thus it’s recommended to those who prefer a hassle-free preparation of barbecue.
Latest posts by Anna Sutherling (see all)
- Emson Electric 5Qt Indoor Pressure Smoker Review - June 25, 2015
- Brinkmann 852-7080-E Gourmet Charcoal Smoker and Grill Review - June 22, 2015
- Smokin Tex 1100 Pro Series Electric Barbecue Smoker Review - April 30, 2015