The Bradley Smokers Original Smoker (33.5 x 17.5 x 20.25-Inch) is a world-class electric smoker that’s primarily designed to make home smoking a lot easier and convenient. It features an automatic wood feeder system and an accurate temperature control that would help you attain the perfect smoke you want. The automated wood bisquette feeder system makes it possible for the smoker to produce a clean and continuous smoke for up to eight hours without re-fueling.
- Insulated stainless-steel interior
- Four removable, fully-supported racks
- Automatic smoke generator
- Separate burners for the oven and generator
- An accurate temperature control system that helps provide consistent and controlled smoke of up to eight hours
- Can hold a maximum temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit
Detailed Review of the Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
Design and Durability (4.0/5.0)
The build and construction of this smoker is fine, but it’s not top class. Its racks are spacious, thus they offer a lot of room for your smoking needs. One of the things I checked first was the door and so far it fits perfectly which is really important. However, I honestly think that it requires regular monitoring as some of the parts like the door hinges can be easily damaged. One of the best improvements in the design is the movement of the temperature controller over to the smoke generator to avoid the risk of damaging the switch due to moisture. With the addition of a top bracket to each shelf, you can also easily pull out a rack without holding on to it so it doesn’t fall. Meanwhile, the automated wood bisquette feeder system is one thing that sets this smoker apart from the rest. The bisquettes feed through a magazine which also pushes a burnt bisquette into a small water pan every 20 minutes. It’s an excellent design, because it avoids chemicals coming from the wood’s ashes from contaminating the smoker. The only big downside I can think of is its lack of bisquettes. It does not come along with bisquettes, so make sure to buy plenty to enjoy a continuous smoking experience.
Ease of Use (4.5/5.0)
The improvement in the design has actually made this smoker a lot easier and safer to use. It’s easy to setup for first usage. However, it cannot be operated if you haven’t purchased some bisquettes beforehand. It’s not messy, so it’s just very easy to clean it up. Its user manual seems to have lacked information about how to smoke, time, and temperature. I therefore advise first time users to consider calling support when needed. Their support team is friendly, so you should be fine.
This unit does a good job of producing quality, smoked food. You can literally smoke almost anything in it, like spices and salt. Since it has a very spacious rack, it makes it even possible to smoke a huge turkey as heavy as 17 pounds. Most importantly, the food it produces creates an amazing taste with smoke from wood bisquettes.
This smoker is excellently priced at $268.91, plus free shipping. It’s one of those cost-efficient smokers that first-timers can always play around and experiment.
- Easy to set up and safe to use
- Spacious racks
- New design helps mitigate defects on some important controls
- Automated wood bisquette feeder system can hold smoke of up to eight hours
- Produces quality, smoked food with a great taste
- Price is very affordable
- Smoker does not come along with bisquettes
- Body parts don’t seem very sturdy, requires frequent maintenance
The Bradley Smokers Original Smoker (33.5 x 17.5 x 20.25-Inch) is one of the most efficient smokers in the market that’s safe and easy to use at home. It’s also very affordable, so it’s definitely perfect to those new to electric smokers. This is highly recommended.
Latest posts by Jason Burlington (see all)
- Prepare the Amazing Recipe of Roasted Pork in the Electric Smoker - September 9, 2015
- Bradley Original Smoker : Efficient & Safe Smoker for Home - June 22, 2015
- Maverick ET732 Wireless Grill Smoker Thermometer Review - April 27, 2015