Click Here to See Prices, Specs and Reviews of Char-Broil Big Easy TRU Infrared Smoker on Amazon.com
The Char-Broil Big Easy TRU Infrared Smoker, Roaster, and Grill is designed with more functions and capabilities to become a worthy successor of the award-winning Big Easy. It neither requires charcoal or oil, nor does it need for you to balance any spit rod. One of its core features is the internal smoker box where you can conveniently put wood chips or pellets without the need of air dampers. This smoker also works as a roaster and a grill where food can be evenly cooked using infrared heat. The premium stainless steel grate also avoids flare-ups, thus ensuring grilled food does not get burnt. Moreover, this Char-Broil smoker’s infrared cooking system ranges from 9k BTU to 18k BTU.
- More convenient outdoor cooking as there is no flare up, charcoal, or spit rod to take care about
- An all-in-one smoker, cooks food either through infrared heat or grill
- A smoker box that adds more flavor
- Can hold up to 25 pounds of food for roasting
- Liquid-propane powered
A Detailed Review of the Char-Broil Big Easy TRU Infrared Smoker, Roaster, and Grill
Design and Durability (3.0/5.0)
The smoker looks nice, but it’s not solidly built. I initially thought that the half-racks, smoker baskets, and drum were all made of stainless steel. However, just after a few months of using it, I noticed rust all over the parts beneath the grill grate. The smoker basket should have also been made sturdier and bigger, so that it holds more chips and produces more smoke. Meanwhile, one thing worth mentioning though is on how food is cooked evenly, despite the heat not being directly under the cooking surface. The drawer also does a good job of catching drippings which can be made into a delicious gravy.
Ease of Use (3.0/5.0)
The smoker is easy to assemble and shouldn’t take you two hours to get it working for the first time. It comes along with a user manual and the directions are very easy to follow. It is easier to clean than a roasting pan in the oven. However, the fact itself that the parts are to be treated like cast iron makes it a bit tedious to maintain after each and every use. After cleaning (without soap) and drying the parts, you still have to add a small amount of oil, etc. This is a must if you want this product to last long.
This Char-Broil smoker does a great job of producing moist and tasty food with a good smoky flavor. All it takes for one to be successful is familiarity with wood chips and temperature, so the food does not get overdone. Moreover, it seems to use propane efficiently.
The smoker is efficient in terms of producing quality food and is easy to use. However, I’m a bit disappointed with the quality of the parts. They get rusty easily, most especially if you don’t care about cleaning it right away. I believe the smoker should have been made sturdier considering the price.
- Multifunctional unit, works as a smoker and a grill at the same time
- Very good in terms of producing quality and tasty food
- Efficiently uses propane, cost-effective
- Not made of durable materials, easily gets rusty
- A bit pricy for something not solidly built
- Requires high maintenance for the parts to last long
The Char-Broil Big Easy TRU Infrared Smoker, Roaster, and Grill is a good product in terms of producing quality, smoked food. However, it’s not made of quality materials. It’s therefore not recommended for people who do not want to go through a meticulous cleaning regimen every time.
Latest posts by Bob Pounder (see all)
- Advantages To Using An Electric Smoker - June 25, 2015
- 30″ Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker Review - June 22, 2015
- Is Char-Broil Big Easy TRU Infrared Smoker Worth It? - February 11, 2015