Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP is a vertical liquid propane gas smoker that’s designed for high-performance outdoor cooking. Its body, which is made of heavy-duty steel, features a high-temperature, powder-coat finish that’s going to last long. It’s also uniquely designed with a grease and condensation management system that makes it a lot easier to clean and maintain. Moreover, Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP is guaranteed to help new or experienced smokers to produce food with professional smokehouse flavor day in or out.
- A double-door design that allows better heating and cooking control
- A 784-square-inch cooking space with four adjustable steel-wire racks
- A 15,000-BTU cast iron burner that includes a huge control dial and an electronic push-button ignition
- A porcelain-enameled steel wood chip box
- One-year limited warranty from Dyna-Glo
Detailed Review of the Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP Double Door Vertical Smoker-15,000 BTU Propane Gas
Design and Durability (4.0/5.0)
The smoker is well-designed though it can still get better in terms of build and construction. The double doors are positioned well, in a way that you’d need not to open the main door of the oven to access the chip and water pans. However, you got to be extra careful when pulling the chip pan in and out. Any unnecessary movement of the pan may cause it to fall off the rails and it can be very messy. Meanwhile, the three vents of the smoker allow minor temperature adjustments to be easily made without necessarily adjusting the flame.
Ease of Use (4.5/5.0)
The unit comes along with a recipe book and a user manual that provides very clear instructions. It’s quite easy to assemble, so even new smokers shouldn’t have a lot troubles using it for the first time. Dyna-Glo also made a good job of making the racks removable, as they make various meats a lot easier and more convenient to cook. Since this unit is powered by propane, it’s very simple to operate due to the fact that it doesn’t require constant monitoring. Despite this, you still have to be very watchful with temperature.
This smoker does a good job of creating smoke and maintaining temperature to the desired levels. However, I just noticed that the thermometer readings are quite off. This can be quite tricky most especially for beginners. I therefore suggest using one of those high-performance thermometers to avoid overcooking or undercooking. Other than this, the smoker does a great job of producing tasty, smokey-flavored food.
- Easy to use and assemble
- Maintains temperature consistently
- Efficient in terms of producing quality, smoked food
- Build and construction needs improvement
- Thermometer often yields with an incorrect reading, +/- 20 degrees Fahrenheit
This Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP Double Door Vertical Smoker is a great unit for both beginners and experienced smokers. It’s effective in terms of producing the right amount of smoke and maintaining temperature, thus it makes quality food and barbecues. This is highly recommended to everybody who enjoys smoking outdoors.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Electric Digital Smoker Review - September 23, 2015
- Nordic Ware 365 Indoor/Outdoor Kettle Smoker Review - June 25, 2015
- Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker Review - June 17, 2015