The Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker is an electric smoker that has all the features of the first line of Original Bradley Smokers. The outdoor smoker is designed to give the user digital controls on temperature, time and smoke, thus making it a lot more convenient and easier to use. This is perfect to those who enjoy preparing roasted and smoked food at the convenience of their own houses.
- User-friendly digital controls to easily manage time, smoke, and temperature settings
- Four fully-supported, removable racks
- A fully-insulated stainless steel interior
- A smoke generator that supplies wood bisquettes automatically
- Comes along with an internal thermostat
- Can hold a maximum of 8 hours of smoke
- Up to 280 degrees Fahrenheit maximum temperature
Detailed Review of the Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Outdoor Smoker
Design and Durability (4.0/5.0)
The smoker seems sturdy and is in no danger of getting rusty. I’ve been using it for a couple of months now and I’m really impressed by its durability. Bradley Smoker and Jim Beam did a great job of integrating basic programming into the unit. This indeed makes the smoker a lot easier to control. However, it would have been better if there was a pre-programmed warm-up period functionality like those available in most ovens now. Although the digital user-interface is by itself a useful feature, I believe this can be made better through a remote control. That way, the user wouldn’t have to bend over frequently. Meanwhile, the smoker time can be set separately from the cook time. This means that the unit can be used with heat only, with little or no smoke.
Ease of Use (4.5/5.0)
The Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker is easy to setup for first use. If you’re new to smokers, just don’t forget to refer to the user manual for instructions. It’s very easy to utilize compared to other smokers which require constant monitoring of temperature and everything. The digital controls certainly save time in terms of getting your preferred smoke and temperature. Just be careful though as the temperature settings displayed on the unit may not be a 100 percent accurate. For my case, the temperature reading is around 16 degrees lesser than my desired temperature setting. As a remedy, I often increase a bit the initial setting.
The smoker is efficient in terms of producing smoked food in a timely and convenient manner. It has so far lived up to its promise of a worry-free preparation of smoked food. Since the controls are digitalized, it’s a lot easier to find your desired range of temperature and other settings. So far, I’m enjoying the results. The food it produces is very close to those prepared using natural wood fire.
- Digital controls make temperature, smoke, and time a lot easier to manage
- Easy and convenient to use
- Sturdy build, excellent finish
- Consistent in terms of producing quality, smoked food
- Reading may not be 100 percent accurate, minor adjustments necessary
- Digital controls can still be improved, either through a remote or through a user interface that’s easily accessible
The Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker is an excellent product and a perfect choice to those who want a hassle-free preparation of smoked food. I recommend this to those who are new to outdoor smoking or to anybody who loves to cook food at the convenience of their house.
Latest posts by email@example.com (see all)
- BBQ Festivals, Competitions, and Plenty of Good Food - July 6, 2015
- Jim Beam BTDS76JB 4-Rack Digital Outdoor Smoker Review - July 4, 2015