The standard of excellence of Masterbuilt is to design and build the innovative products. The company considers the customers as the greatest asset and they commit to provide friendly and caring service. Masterbuilt continues to manufacture indoor and outdoor cooking products. Masterbuilt 20070213 GEN II Electric Digital Smokehouse is one such quality product from the hands of this leading company. By using this electric smokehouse in your kitchens, you can achieve the rich flavor of slow-cooked food.
Overall the smoker is very well built along with digital functionalities. Many customers complain about temperature fluctuations in the purchased smokers, but this smoker overrides it. It has an adequate cooking space for all purposes. High quality heating element is used and is easily available for replacement. The price of this Masterbuilt smoker is $249.95.
- 730 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element
- Blue LED display makes reading temperatures and cooking time in direct sunlight easy
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F
- Redesigned front access drip pan, smoother operating wood chip loading system and side/top air damper
- FULL foam insulation keeps the heat in, making for consistent smoking
-How long will the smoker last?
This electric digital smokehouse is of 30-inches and comes with black finish. This digital electric smokehouse has been built fully equipped with a blue LED display. Both the display and the machine are durable, however the black finish has been reported to come off.
-Does the smoker work easily?
The LED display helps to make the smoker easier than ever to work. However, it is good to have some foundation of smoking before using the model.
-How does this smoker compare to others?
Unlike the other high end models, this electric smoker does not include the meat probe for monitoring the temperature of the cooking food. Larger cooking space is another major advantage with this electric smoker. The LED display is what sets this model apart.
Love The Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front Controller? Get It Now On Amazon.com
There are no trolley wheels in this electric smoker which makes it difficult to be transported from one place to another.
-Is it difficult to work?
This electric smoker model does not come with the viewing window which makes it quite difficult to look into your food that is smoking during the cooking process.
-What meats is this smoker best for?
This smoker is great for all meats as well as nuts, vegetables, and cheeses.
-What are some common problems with this smoker?
The water tray provided with this system is quite smaller. This would require you to add more water if required in the middle of cooking process.
-Are there are any accessories I should buy for this smoker?
A cover and a meat probe.
- Instruction and assembly manual could be a bit more clear for newbies, but shouldn’t be a problem for those that have experience in smoking. That being said, it wouldn’t have killed them to throw in a basic meat/time/temperature reference chart that so many others do. You can find these on the web and I recommend it.
- Very precise digital controls to tune in to the temperature you want without messing with coals. Also the clean up is just the grease that is left (no ash), and really it is not that bad with this design. Plus plenty of room for all the food you want to stuff in here.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Electric Digital Smoker Review - September 23, 2015
- Nordic Ware 365 Indoor/Outdoor Kettle Smoker Review - June 25, 2015
- Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker Review - June 17, 2015