Smoke Hollow 44241G2 is a 44-inch vertical smoker that features a double-door cabinet system. The two-door cabinet prevents unnecessary loss of heat and smoke while the water and wood pans are fed. It therefore makes the internal heat and moisture created by the smoker very easy to control. Moreover, this propane-powered vertical smoker has two stainless-steel inline burners that can be controlled separately.
- Welded 44-inch dual-door cabinet system
- Two stainless-steel inline burners that can be separately controlled
- Two porcelain-coated wood chip pans
- Includes three cooking grates, two jerky racks, and one rib rack
Detailed Review of the Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker
Design and Durability (4.5/5.0)
This Smoke Hollow 44241G2 smoker seems to be designed properly and well-built with a heavy-duty steel construction. There seems to be a little smoke leak coming out of the door, but it shouldn’t be a problem as it can be easily sealed. It has a huge cooking space which means that you can heat plenty of food at the same time. It also has a larger ash-free combustion system and a much stable, reliable heat source. I’m impressed by the two-chip tray system as you can put the chips one at a time without handling a hot tray. For those of you who are quite new to smokers, the control gauges shall serve you well as temperature can be easily set and maintained. Moreover, the deep water pan is designed to prevent flare ups inside the smoking chamber and to maintain the moisture of your food. The only thing I have to complain about is the cup that doesn’t seem to catch the grease coming out from large amounts of meat.
Ease of Use (4.5/5.0)
The smoker is fairly easy to assemble for first use. It comes along with a user guide which shall make initial steps, like seasoning the smoker, a lot easier to perform. One of the best features of this smoker is its ability to maintain temperature consistently. This saves a lot of time and makes you focus mainly on making the food taste good. Despite its large size, it’s very easy to clean up. This is therefore a good unit to start for beginners who want to really learn how to cook or smoke good food. Like any other smokers, this may require a lot of patience as you experiment on each of the burners available.
Overall, I find this smoker very efficient in terms of producing quality dishes. I’ve tried plenty of food like brisket, beef tenderloin, and ribs and they all turned out outstanding. One of the reasons it’s very effective is because it can maintain temperature at your desired level. Since it has a large cooking size, it’s definitely great on special occasions wherein you have a crowd to entertain.
- Features a heavy-duty steel construction
- Has a huge cooking area
- Easy to assemble and easy to use
- Consistent in terms of maintaining temperature at the desired point
- Effectively maintains moisture of food
- Guaranteed to produce quality, smoked food
- Unit can be very messy as the cup, designed to catch grease, doesn’t seem to be aligned
The Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker is especially recommended for those who want to prepare large proportions of food. This is also a good unit for beginners to start with, since it can be easily monitored in terms of maintaining smoke and temperature.
Latest posts by Jason Burlington (see all)
- Prepare the Amazing Recipe of Roasted Pork in the Electric Smoker - September 9, 2015
- Bradley Original Smoker : Efficient & Safe Smoker for Home - June 22, 2015
- Maverick ET732 Wireless Grill Smoker Thermometer Review - April 27, 2015